Current Internship Opportunities
NCICS is currently seeking several paid, part-time, summer interns to work with us for approximately 10 weeks on the following projects:
- Evaluating the relationship of soil temperature to vegetation phenology using ground-based soil temperature and remotely-sensed vegetation information (experience with programming and basic statistics helpful).
- Typhoon data reanalysis to determine the intensity and location of historical typhoons using a consistent methodology and current knowledge of how to best utilize historical observations.
- Public Health Adaptation Planning for Local Health Departments and Hospital Systems. Project aims: (1) survey local public health departments and hospital systems concerning available tools and knowledge to systematically perform county-level climate change vulnerability assessments; (2) explore innovative ways to partner with the healthcare community to reduce the environmental footprint of medical facilities.
- Climate Change Impacts on Reproductive Health. Project aims: (1) perform a nationally representative population-based retrospective study to explore the association between ambient temperature and severe maternal morbidity; (2) explore the application of digital technology in measuring environmental and health parameters in pregnant women.
These positions are open to current undergraduate students.
Please submit application materials here: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/113952
To apply for an unpaid internship position, please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, including:
- Official information regarding approved enrollment or participation in an internship program with a school/home institution, if applicable
- Recommendation letter
- Most recent transcripts
Standard Application Submission Dates
|Internship Semester||Applications Accepted|
|Fall||June 1 – June 30|
|Spring||October 1 – October 31|
|Summer||March 1 – March 31|
For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org