Current Job Postings
The Software Engineer will provide expertise in scientific programming and data analytics to address the software engineering needs of the Institute and its NOAA Cooperative Institute for Satellite Earth System Studies in North Carolina (CISESS NC) projects and activities in on-premises and cloud venues. Some of the key tasks planned for this position include:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining coding and processing strategies, guidelines, and architectural design in support of project system engineering efforts.
- Supporting integration of climate datasets into existing frameworks for access, data analysis, and evaluation.
- Supporting on-premises and cloud-based project implementation.
- Planning, developing, and implementing quality assurance, evaluation, and troubleshooting tools and applications to ensure accessibility and integrity of datasets and other end products to meet strict configuration and security controls applied to all codes, products, and documentation.
- Applying and maintaining software and product metadata.
- Developing innovative analytical solutions to support the development and analysis of high quality, large-scale research datasets needed for CISESS NC projects and assessment activities.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining tools for internal and external management of data, report drafts, report reviews, and author resources.
Please see the job listing on the NC State website for more information on tasks and requirements and instructions on applying.
- To apply for jobs, please click the link in the job title above and follow the instructions provided on the NCSU job page for that position.
- Unless otherwise indicated, these positions will be located at our offices in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
- For information on internships, please see our Internships page.
- NC State is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
- For information on other employment opportunities with North Carolina State University, please see: NCSU Jobs.