NCICS’s diverse workforce of researchers, technical experts, post-docs, and support staff engage in a range of research projects and collaboration activities with the fundamental goal of enhancing our collective interdisciplinary understanding of the state and evolution of the full Earth System. The Institute is located in downtown Asheville, NC, and we are co-located with the headquarters of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information.
Current Job Postings
NCICS is currently seeking candidates for the positions listed below.
- The Research Associate (Analyst) will independently support, develop, design, and/or execute moderately complex research activities involving large scale environmental data sets; participate in the scientific analysis of re-analyzed data sets to improve data quality and advance the interpretation of in situ and remotely sensed observations; independently perform climate data collection and analysis; and participate in formulating research methods approaches, suggesting options for quality improvement and solutions.
- In support of NOAA’s Climate Assessment program, the Research Associate (GIS) will design, develop, and implement GIS solutions for scientific and analytical products, graphics, websites, and applications to ensure compliance with recognized standards and user friendliness to diverse audiences, utilizing industry best practices.
- The IT Network Administrator will design, implement, and manage computing and networking infrastructure to support a variety of programs and research efforts. This position is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of Institute IT hardware, software and data holdings. The IT Network Administrator is also involved in planning, development, and troubleshooting and advises management on IT concepts, functional capabilities, parameters, and prototypes.
- The Software Engineer will provide expertise in scientific programming and data analytics to address the software engineering needs of the Institute’s Climate Assessment activities.
- The Data Analyst will provide cloud-based software solutions expertise in performing environmental data analysis and generating environmental Earth science products.
- To apply for jobs, please click the link in the job title above and follow the instructions provided on the NCSU job page for that position.
- Unless otherwise indicated, these positions will be located at our offices in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
- For information on internships, please see our Internships page.
- NC State is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
- For information on other employment opportunities with North Carolina State University, please see: NCSU Jobs.