NCICS’s diverse workforce of researchers, technical experts, post-docs, and support staff engage in a range of research projects and collaboration activities with the fundamental goal of enhancing our collective interdisciplinary understanding of the state and evolution of the full Earth System. The Institute is located in downtown Asheville, NC, and we are co-located with the headquarters of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information.
See Why Work at NCICS? for more on what we do and why you might want to join our team.
Current Job Postings
- The Senior Research Scientist will provide innovative scientific contributions to the Institute in two climate science project areas. The first project will develop a rapid response capability to evaluate the causes of extreme climate events in collaboration with several NOAA agencies. The second project provides foundational climate science support for the sustained National Climate Assessment. The Senior Research Scientist will also serve as a science leader within the Institute on climate research topics and will develop proposals for extramural funding.
- The Climate Assessment Analyst will work within the Technical Support Unit that assists the U.S. Global Change Research Program in the production of National Climate Assessment (NCA) products, including comprehensive quadrennial reports, special reports, and foundational climate science products.
- To apply for jobs, please click the link in the job title above and follow the instructions provided on the NCSU job page for that position.
- Unless otherwise indicated, these positions will be located at our offices in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
- For information on internships, please see our Internships page.
- NC State is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
- For information on other employment opportunities with North Carolina State University, please see: NCSU Jobs.