NCICS’s diverse workforce of researchers, technical experts, post-docs, and support staff engage in a range of research projects and collaboration activities with the fundamental goal of enhancing our collective interdisciplinary understanding of the state and evolution of the full Earth System. The Institute is located in downtown Asheville, NC, and we are co-located with the headquarters of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information.
Current Job Postings
NCICS is currently seeking candidates for the positions listed below.
- The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will provide scientific and technical support in the area of climate assessment science and data analysis. Primary duties will be in support of interagency activities for global, national, and regional assessments of climate change and relevant research supporting the value chain from data products to societal benefits. Anticipated activities and research studies will include understanding of observed changes in environmental parameters, analysis of future projected changes in these parameters, and linkages to environmental and social impacts, as well as development of adaptive pathways.
- The Software Engineer will provide expertise in scientific programming and data analytics to address the software engineering needs of the Institute’s Climate Assessment activities.
- The Data Analyst will provide cloud-based software solutions expertise in performing environmental data analysis and generating environmental Earth science products.
- To apply for jobs, please click the link in the job title above and follow the instructions provided on the NCSU job page for that position.
- Unless otherwise indicated, these positions will be located at our offices in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
- For information on internships, please see our Internships page.
- NC State is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
- For information on other employment opportunities with North Carolina State University, please see: NCSU Jobs.