CICS-NC supports NOAA’s commitment to the development of a society that is environmentally responsible, climate resilient and adaptive, and utilizes effective, science-based problem-solving skills in building climate literacy. Working both independently and collaboratively with partners, stakeholders, and the private sector, the Institute supports and carries out various educational, engagement, and outreach activities that:
- increase awareness of climate science and changes in the climate system
- enhance understanding of how climate data is collected, observed, analyzed, and used
- increase awareness and use of NCEI climate datasets and products
- advance climate and environmental literacy
- support NCEI in engaging with their customers and the public
- develop climate applications for a variety of stakeholders
To this end, Institute staff members participate in events such as the annual meetings of the American Meteorological Society and the American Geophysical Union, and the National Adaptation Forum. We also work with NOAA NCEI on strategic and operational engagement activities, support NCEI’s efforts to enhance customer service and user engagement, and work with various partners to lead or support relevant workshops and seminars.
Contact UsTo reach the engagement team, please email email@example.com.
Meet us at…
- Info coming soon…