Climate Communications Training Workshop
NOAA David Skaggs Research Center
April 25, 2013
NOAA, the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) and the Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites — North Carolina (CICS-NC) invite you to participate in the Climate Communications Training Workshop to be held in Boulder, Colorado.
NOAA David Skaggs Research Center, 325 Broadyway, Room GC402
WORKSHOP DATE: April 25, 2013, 8:30am – 12pm
Goals of the workshop:
- Build media readiness capacity among a core group of NOAA’ climate scientists/experts so that they are comfortable giving high-level (i.e. national/international) media interviews about recent/ongoing weather and climate events in the context of climate change
- Provide communications and climate resources to staff that will help them prepare and respond to media interviews,
- and Empower key staff with the tools, techniques and tactics to respond to media questions
What you can expect — a draft agenda:
- Welcome / Introductions — Dr. Sandy McDonald
- Review of Needs / Assessments from ESRL — Dr. Susan Buhr
- Engaging with the Media — Dr. Jane Palmer
- Climate Communications Skills — Dr. Susan Buhr
- Resources Available to You — Dr. Jane Palmer
Registration is a very simple and easy process; please click here. Space is limited, so we encourage you to register early.
For agenda and other information, please refer to the links to the left.
For more information, questions or comments, please contact Susan Buhr or Jenny Dissen.