Climate Communications Training Workshop
NOAA David Skaggs Research Center
April 25, 2013
NOAA, the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) and the Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites — North Carolina (CICS-NC) invite you to participate in the Climate Communications Training Workshop to be held in Boulder, Colorado.
NOAA David Skaggs Research Center, 325 Broadyway, Room GC402
WORKSHOP DATE: April 25, 2013, 8:30am – 12pm
Goals of the workshop:
- Build media readiness capacity among a core group of NOAA’ climate scientists/experts so that they are comfortable giving high-level (i.e. national/international) media interviews about recent/ongoing weather and climate events in the context of climate change
- Provide communications and climate resources to staff that will help them prepare and respond to media interviews,
- and Empower key staff with the tools, techniques and tactics to respond to media questions
What you can expect — a draft agenda:
- Welcome / Introductions — Dr. Sandy McDonald
- Review of Needs / Assessments from ESRL — Dr. Susan Buhr
- Engaging with the Media — Dr. Jane Palmer
- Climate Communications Skills — Dr. Susan Buhr
- Resources Available to You — Dr. Jane Palmer
Registration is a very simple and easy process; please click here. Space is limited, so we encourage you to register early.
For agenda and other information, please refer to the links to the left.